Thursday, May 10, 2007

Cigs?

So here is a bit of an internal struggle.

I hate cigarettes and smoking and the fact that people are addicted to something so stupid. However, the past few months I have had this urge to try it. None of my friends smoke, so I was not able to bum a smoke off of them. I am too cheap to go out and buy a pack, just for the sake of smoking one (though I was extremely temped at numerous points but didn't have the cash on me thankfully).

But today, on my way back from work, a pack came into my possession. I know most of you will think this is gross, but I found it on the ground. The box was there and I kicked it, and it had weight to it, so I snatched it. It wasn't full, it had fourteen of its twenty inside still. Camels, what I would have bought.

So now, everything that may have hindered me seems to have passed. I know my friends dissapprove, but hell with them 'cause I do what I want.

I worry though, if I smoke one, I will smoke them all and in turn become addicted to them. But I think I am going to do it, just the one. To see. If you have any objections please tell me, don't bother telling me statistics 'cause I've heard them too. I will take comments to heart.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I doubt you'll become addicted after just one. If tobacco was like crack cocaine, the government might have more of a problem with it. Maybe.

Understand that this comment comes from one who is physically sickened by the smell of cigarette smoke. If you're going to smoke, fine. You don't need anyone to tell you "It's dangerous," blah, blah, blah. All I ask is when and if you do, stay away from the door. No one respects the 25 feet buffer zone the university attempts to put in place. Also, take a shower. Blegh. You'll smell awful.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Q said...

I'm not sure what you should do. If you want to know the truth, I have had the same curiosity. But like you, I fear addiction!

But, damn it, smoking looks so fracking cool.

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home