Monday, April 09, 2007

There is nothing to do in my town.

I have two topics I want to talk about. One is a reflection/story type, the other is a rant. My rant isn't too long, so I think I will just tack it on at the end.

There is nothing to do in my town. How many of you have ever said this? I would find myself lucky if I were to find a person who has never been bored with their town. I have said it from time to time, even though I thoroughly enjoyed growing up where I did. I was content to stay at home and watch some TV instead of going out and spending money.
However, this past week, during my spring break I ventured two hours away to visit a lady-friend from school for the day. After we ate a meal, the question of 'what do you want to do' came into play. Had I been in my home turf I would have offered an idea of sorts, but since it was her turf I turned it back to her. I believe her immediate response was something along the lines of 'I don't know, there is nothing to do here.' But that's the thing, there is so much to do and you've just done it all.
I see this large town and think, 'Oh the places I can go.' It was a new city into which I had never ventured before. Novelty was still there. She could have said that there was this amazing crack in the road, through wich runs a trickle of water and my response would have been 'Lets see it.' But alas, that was not so. I did enjoy seeing the sights and eating in new places and meeting new people, but I believe that she was bored with it.
So I guess all I am really trying to say is that if you have a friend to show around town, show them everything. They won't be disappointed.

Now for the rant. I don't know if people realize this, but when they tell me that they warned someone about me...it hurts. I don't have a clue what there is to warn about or even if they are serious, but people can be asses like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home