Saturday, February 17, 2007

Good Guys Finish Last

"Danny, you know what? You're a good guy." A far too common cry as of late. Do not get me wrong, I would rather be the good guy than the asshole. But here is the thing, girls don't want the good guy until they have found all the bad guys to break their hearts.

I am the friend. I listen to the girls when they have problems with the bad guys. I give them advice only to have it ignored. I make sure they get home in one piece even after a night of them hanging on every guy at the party but me. I want them to be happy.

This concept has been around far too long without a set explanation as to why. That is what I want to know. I want to know why these girls avoid us good guys. I want to know why they do not see that they already have what they look for in a guy. I want to know why not me?

If there are any girls who read this and know any of the answer, or even just a thought that might explain...please tell. It would help a bunch of us good guys feel a little better about ourselves.

5 Comments:

Blogger Q said...

I don't think that girls instinctively go for the "bad guys." I think they want to pursue something hard-to-get. It's human nature; you want what you can't have.

I don't think being a nice guy puts you at a disadvantage. Maybe the girls you're surrounding yourself with are just lame.

6:15 PM  
Blogger Q said...

P.S. Or maybe you haven't used your French accent on them yet. =D

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are the guys she gets drunk with, hooks up with, regrets, and will forget about. You are the man she will love.

Girls are dumb that way. They abuse or ignore the best thing that could ever happen to them. And there really is no good reason why. But eventually, they'll open their eyes and realize how dumb they really were, and who has been there for them the whole time.

And if they don't, they weren't worth it, anyway.

Being a good guy suits you. But if you really want someone, you could always fight for her. I offer the words of Michael Scott: "Never, ever, ever give up."

Was that too cheesy? I do apologize if it was.

3:26 PM  
Blogger Aisling said...

Your time will come; girls usually marry the good guys. I think a lot of girls see "bad guys" as exciting and a fun time...personally I love the good guys/nice guys.

4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're totally right, Danny. Women are just ridiculous.

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home