Monday, January 01, 2007

Tale as old as time...

This post is the vanguard for my new year.

To steal a bit from a friend of mine et sa petie valise, I would like to highlight the year past:
  • I was diagnosed with heavy late-onset senioritis
  • I finished the twelth of twelve years so I could graduate
  • I entered the work-force as a full-time man
  • I entered college leaving behind old frinds and making some new
  • I bought groceries, for myself
  • You met me
  • I saw for the first time with my innocent eyes under-age alchohaul consumption...and hated it
  • I past my first semester of college
  • I learned what the feeling of true loneliness feels like

Now, I look forward. I try not to dwell on what has happened, but I focus on what I will make happen.

I have never been one to make New Years Resolutions. But as I look at it, I haven't been hurt by this nor have I benefited. So this year I have set myself a few goals. Those I would like to highlight as well:

  • Find happiness, preferably with another
  • Become a voice of 91.7 FM Student Radio in Madison
  • Save some cash

I, assuming I remember, will return to these goals next year and give you a progress update.

Now I look forward, because "'You got to put your past behind you.' Look, kid. Bad things happen, and you can't do anything about it, right?" Year twenty in this world, what shall it bring?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Danny, I knew you would post a reflective New Year's post because we think THE SAME. Anyway, ma valise is glad you borrowed the highlights and it can't help but feel sad for your loneliness. We will talk soon (when my danged finals are over) and we can bask in the glory that a SOBER stupor. Take that, you alcoholic b******s!

Q.

P.S. You're an '87er?!

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home